Diabetes is like a slow poison. It is one of the deadliest diseases in the world. People suffer from this disease because of junk food intake and lack of exercise. It is something that cannot be ignored and it can also lead to liver and heart problems. Diabetic patients should know what to eat and what you should not. Steven Olschwanger has said some of the foods to eat for Diabetic patients.
1. Eat foods with less sugar
It is suggested that the Diabetic patients should take fruits with low sugar level. Grapefruit is an excellent fruit for you. You should eat them on a regular basis and can also add them in your meal. Another most popular fruit consumed by them is Jambul fruit. It has good effect on the pancreas and it is treated as a good medicine. Gooseberry also plays a major role and it helps in decreasing the blood sugar level.
2. Limit the content of cholesterol
Diabetic patients should limit the content of cholesterol in their daily diet. You should eat less fatty meat and can eat fish, lean meat, shrimp and so on. You should add a minimum of five fruits and vegetables per day in their diet. Whole cereals, grains, pulses such as barley, wheat, millet, oats, brown rice and sago etc. can be added in your meal.
3. Avoid soft foods
Eating soft foods make the blood sugar to rise rapidly. If you take porridge instead of rice, some of the starch gets converted into dextrin and it is easily energized. Don’t eat rice for dinner as it will increase the blood sugar level. You can take any pulses or oats.
4. Never skip meals. Don’t eat 2-3 large meals per day. Instead eat 5-6 small meals. As the foods you eat should be evenly distributed throughout the body.
5. Add Dairy products in your food like milk, eggs, lentils, nuts, legumes and fish.
6. Avoid junk foods or preprocessed foods.
7. Drink more water and say no completely to soft drinks or other sweet liquids.
8. Do simple exercises like skipping, walking, jogging, riding or cycling at least 30 minutes per day.
9. Include proteins in your food list. They energize your body and don’t affect the blood sugar levels in your body.
Steven Olschwanger has written many articles related to body maintenance, diet etc. He has said some natural ways to reduce the blood sugar level. So, eat healthy and drink a lot of water and exercise so that your blood sugar level gets controlled. Best wishes !!!